Wednesday, October 20, 2010

What do I have to do for some respect??

I believe that if you show respect to someone, you deserve it back. Period. This man, I have respected and trusted for 2 years now, who is family disrespected me tonight and I take it personally. I have done nothing but do as he asks, listen to him when he speaks, help him with whatever he needs help with, yet here I am writing about this when I should be sleeping. I am the type to not be able to sleep when I am angry, so I began painting the kitchen (the topic that led to the disrespect!).

I live with my once Fiance, now boyfriends parents and I have decided to re-do their kitchen for them and get it updated. Well with a 6 month old, it makes it hard to find time to finish it, so I finish whatever I can when I can. But it isn't good enough!

Person: So, when are you gonna do some work on this Kitchen?
Me: It's hard to do it with Zeraea (my daughter).
Person: No, it isn't.
Me: Yes, it is. I can't have her in here when I do it with the strong paint fumes, so when I have her nothings going to happen.
(Person walks out of the kitchen and begins going into the bedroom)
Person: You fucking stay up all night anyway.

May not sound to bad to you, but I find cussing disrespectful when used in that manner. I didn't give any attitude, say anything wrong to deserve a comment like that. And the comment was false, my Fiance and I were up at the time because we had to wake up and do the dishes before morning, not because we stayed up all night! I never once talked to this person in a disrespectful manner, or cussed at them. I do everything to try to make sure this person is happy since they have done some much for me and my family, and if this person isn't happy, I try to fix whatever it is, so this person can be happy. Again, not good enough. It's hard to keep my mouth shut to this person!! UGH!

A little respect is all I ask, if you can't give it then don't expect it back!

No comments:

Post a Comment